DELIVERY DRIVER – WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Other hours as needed.
Scope: Reporting to the Director of Logistics within the Production Solutions department, the warehouse worker/delivery driver prepares loads and secures, transports, and delivers customer shipments, materials, and supplies in a timely and safe manner. This position is responsible for the management of trailers in the yard, the oversight of inventory and waste, the preparation of packing slips and other related paperwork, and the maintenance of a safe vehicle in compliance with all government regulations. Receiving material following established procedures and distributing material throughout the plant, the warehouse worker/delivery driver interacts effectively with external and internal customers.
This position exists to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Receives shipments in accordance with procedures.
- Distributes materials throughout the plant.
- Prepares shipments, packing slips, and other paperwork.
- Prepares and secures loads, completes transport, and delivers loads on time.
- Jockeys’ trailers in the yard, as needed.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment for safety issues and schedules repairs.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance of equipment according to schedules.
- Maintains a safe work environment collectively with the team by keeping all aisles and walkways clear and work areas and vehicles free of debris and potential hazards.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the proper handling of hazardous waste, lockout/tagout rules, hearing, eye protection, and related policies.
- Supports all 5-S and lean initiatives, as required.
- Maintains a high degree of motivation, morale, and departmental and inter-departmental cooperation.
- Maintains and complies with policies, procedures, and practices relating to warehouse and delivery operations.
- Participates in digital and in-person meetings and conferences, as needed.
- Positively communicates information and responds to questions from team members and customers in a timely manner.
- Participates in and satisfactorily completes all required training programs for the assigned position.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Handles essential duties, as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent, is required.
Skills & Experience:
- At least two years of experience in a similar role is preferred.
- Multi-stop, local pick-up, and delivery experience are a plus.
- Must have a good knowledge of the local area and interstate system.
- Knowledge of state and local safety rules and regulations, and rules of other jurisdictions, for operating vehicles.
- Knowledge of the height, width, length, and weight of a vehicle and the ability to judge overhead and side clearances, turning radius, braking distance, and the safest distance to be maintained from other vehicles.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques, including the skill to recognize developing hazardous road and traffic conditions and the judgment to select alternate routes to avoid potential problems.
- Capable of manipulating controls for starting, stopping, backing, and driving a vehicle in all types of traffic and road conditions.
- Ability to adjust driving methods to the practices of the surrounding traffic to avoid accidents and to transport cargo and passengers safely.
- Must have a valid driver’s license/commercial driver’s license and a clean driving record (annual MVR check is required).
- Must be certified on forklift use, as the position may operate additional equipment (such as hand truck, pallet jacks, etc.) to move materials within the work area, as needed.
- Knowledge of and ability to load shipments properly onto the vehicle, using appropriate tie-downs (such as chains, binders, or straps) for transit on public roads at highway speeds or under similar driving circumstances.
- Ability to recognize developing maintenance problems when conducting an operator’s inspection of assigned vehicles and to report technical problems to the manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Knowledge of shipping systems.
- Regularly operates a computer as assigned.
- Able to work overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand for long periods to complete warehouse duties.
- Sit for long periods of time while driving to complete deliveries.
- Carry, lift (to a height of 3–4 feet), transfer, position, weigh, or remove materials up to 20-pounds regularly. Lift to as much as 70-pounds, occasionally.
- The internal environment is considered to contain medium to high noise levels.
- The internal environment is temperature-controlled.
- The external environment is regularly exposed to extreme changes in temperatures, weather conditions, and traffic conditions.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
Notice to All Applicants: This posting is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of duties, rather to provide an overview of essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will. The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.