MEDIA & EVENTS SALES EXECUTIVE Associations/Publisher Solutions
Location: York, PA, Hybrid, Remote
Hours: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Scope: The Account Executive manages and helps develop strategies to grow assigned accounts, according to client and company goals and objectives. For some accounts, co-sells with another YGS Account Executive based on a territory or other metric. Collaborates with VP Sales, Marketing Manager, Account Managers, and other stakeholders to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies that foster existing advertiser retention and growth as well as develop new advertisers for YGS media and event sales customers.
The position exists to perform the essential functions as outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research supplied leads to understand how their company fits as a potential advertiser for YGS’s client. Research new leads based on existing advertiser base and industry trends.
- Complete daily, proactive outreach via phone and email to new and existing buyers.
- Complete proposals, sales contracts and other paperwork and provide copies to account manager, accounting, clients and or other divisions as required and necessary.
- Log all prospecting and account maintenance activity in YGS’s CRM.
- Work with each buyer to develop a multi-channel and multi-touch marketing plan and assist in determining campaign ROI.
- Communicate with buyers regarding ad copy, deadlines, special issues, and promotions.
- Monitor billing and collection status of accounts.
- Participate in account sales update calls with clients to report on progress toward YTD and annual goals, new/lost business and any recent victories and challenges.
- Proactive education on each client’s industry trends and competitors.
- Travel to client and industry events, national or international, as needed or requested, to network with association clients, represent client products, facilitate in person meetings with buyers and secure contracts.
- Adhere to production deadlines for publication and other media products and events. Assist with post-sales asset management or communication if the production team is unable to reach the advertiser or upon request.
- Communicate with design team on requests for ad design, placement, and changes.
- Collaborate daily with account manager to ensure proper execution of advertising and event contracts.
- Review and approve ad placement in digital publications that YGS produces for clients.
- Communicate regularly with account manager and marketing manager to ensure proper execution of internal and account marketing initiatives.
- Attend and participate in biweekly team sales meetings to report on performance by account.
- Keep manager informed of developments and trends with the client and industry. Perform and report on prospecting efforts that are requested by manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing and/or Communication fields, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to use relational databases.
- Experience working in a CRM, Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as outstanding relationship building, analytical, and organizational capabilities, are necessary.
- Flexible team player who learns quickly, can work independently, has outstanding prioritization and time management skills, has a proven ability to multitask, and works well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Ethical Conduct
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Organizational Skills
- This position does not manage others.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This job requires occasional (domestic) travel.
- Environment is considered to contain low/medium noise levels.
- Environment is not regularly exposed to extreme changes in temperatures or weather conditions.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- The work environment is collaborative.
- Work is performed within cross-functional teams.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position is stationary approximately 90% of the time.
- The individual in this position needs to move around inside the office areas to access files, operate office machinery, etc., regularly.
- May carry weight, lift (to a height of 3–4 feet), transfer, position, or remove materials up to 20 pounds occasionally, and up to 10 pounds regularly.
- Will use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, grasp, handle, push, pull, lift, lower, and position objects and/or materials as needed.
- Will use feet and legs to climb stairs or ladders, balance, ascend, and descend as needed to complete work assignments.
- Must communicate, listen, hear, speak, converse with, and/or convey information as needed.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer as needed.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with coworkers, customers, and business partners to complete work assignments. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must see, detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, judge, observe, inspect, estimate, and assess information as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, required.
- This position may require occasional travel and overnight stays of approximately 5% of total hours annually to attend trade shows, conferences, and industry events whereby YGS is attending, presenting, or exhibiting or to travel to additional worksites.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
Notice to All Applicants: This posting is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of duties, to provide an overview of essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted, as all-inclusive. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will. The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.