PRINT ACCOUNT MANAGER Print Solutions
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time | Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Scope: The Account Manager expedites projects and serves as the service liaison between the customer, sales, production, and multiple production platforms. Advocating on behalf of the client by establishing credibility through a proactive, collaborative, and efficient approach to all affected parties, this position is responsible for the day-to-day service and support of clients, data management, coordination, and tracking of client projects and resources.
Essential Functions: This position exists to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages all aspects of a customer order from inception to delivery.
- Initiates, responds, and documents all communication with customers, sales, and manufacturing personnel (including but not limited to changes to job specifications).
- Communicates schedules, material, and quality and delivery information to the customer within four hours of receiving such information from planning, scheduling, or manufacturing.
- Determines and fulfills customer requirements, including those not stated in the contract or job specifications.
- Ensures the entry into production of all complete project materials on day of receipt.
- Seeks information from the customer that may lead to other sales opportunities and communicates this information to the sales team.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees by following all required safety procedures (PPE, ergonomics, chemical hazards, etc.)
- Assists with general housekeeping in the customer service area.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services, including meeting quality standards, and evaluating customer needs and satisfaction.
- Basic knowledge of all aspects of prepress, press, bindery, fulfillment and distribution processes and methods.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, order entry software (EFI PACE or comparable), basic desktop publishing, QuarkXPress, PageMaker, Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop, and PDF.
- Basic knowledge of file preflight (i.e., does the file have bleed, is it the proper size).
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Knowledgeable of characteristics of products which are most profitable.
- Possess knowledge of cost system and rates.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the written language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming relevant to the position.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate.
- Verbal and written communications.
- Versed in print processes and best practices.
- Excellent customer service, project and time management, and computer skills required.
- Strong verbal, written, and intrapersonal communication skills.
- Able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude while approaching work proactively.
- Able to work effectively in a high-volume environment and manage multiple, competing priorities effectively.
- Able to work outside of normal business hours to accommodate business needs, when required.
- At least five years of experience and knowledge of the offset, digital, and wide-format print processes, and methods, required (to provide advisory and consultative service to our corporate clients).
- Prior experience as an account manager in a high-volume print manufacturing environment, required.
- Experienced in problem resolution and comfortable with risk and decisions.
- Experience working with all aspects of prepress, press, bindery, fulfillment, and distribution processes and methods, from a service standpoint.
- Constantly operate a computer/laptop and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer and phone system.
- Occasionally move around inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Remain in a stationary position for 90 percent of the time.
- Have conversations by phone and in person with individuals and groups.
- Lift to 10 pounds routinely and up to 20 pounds occasionally.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: This posting is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of duties, rather to provide an overview of essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted, as all-inclusive. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will. The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.