DIRECTOR DIGITAL PRINT SOLUTIONS Print Solutions
The Director of Digital Print Solutions (DPS) is accountable for maximizing the organization’s growth and profitability through effective planning, leading, organizing, and controlling the operational functions and resources of the Digital Print Solutions group. This position is responsible for the effective leadership, internal consulting, development, and implementation, of innovative digital print initiatives and interventions, which meet the strategic goals of the organization and lead to the achievement of the desired business outcomes. This position is also responsible for the analysis of business conditions, control of budget and spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, equipment efficiency, service efficiency, and the corrective measures necessary to ensure the desired business outcomes for Digital Print Solutions. This leadership position will work with various personnel and clients to determine the most strategic and creative way to bring projects to life, and then partner multi-functionally to implement them. Designs and implements comprehensive operational strategies and action plans to improve performance in the Digital Print Solutions (DPS) operations, service, quality, and efficiency. Ensure that Digital Print Solutions (DPS) is producing and delivering products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations with regards to quality of products, schedule, and budget compliance. This position reports to the VP, Production Solutions.
This position exists to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, reviews, and approves for the control of planned outputs, budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, equipment efficiency, space efficiency, customer service efficiency and workflows and work methods that keep the company cost competitive.
- Reviews and analyzes financial performance against operating plans and standards. Analyze data to inform operational decisions or activities. Provides reports on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Recommend and implement cost containment and reduction improvements within the Digital Technology Solutions group.
- Research and implement the latest digital technology and operational workflows that will drive the processes forward with results of an overall reduction in digital production expenses.
- Develops, reviews, maintains, and approves cost control reports, cost estimates, and workforce requirements to include contingent workers and broader facilities requirements.
- Manage the budget and P/L statement of digital production solutions operations.
- Review and approve financial expense report of direct reports.
- Keeps the Vice President of Production Solutions and President informed of significant problems that could jeopardize the achievement of goals, and those that are not being addressed at the management level.
- This position holds direct reports accountable for being effective leaders, for making sound operational decisions, for creating an environment of open and honest communication; and for providing coaching and feedback around performance issues and in general.
- This position is responsible for creating a work environment where initiative, skills, and passion are valued, and where creative, intelligent individuals will be engaged and supported to perform to the best of their abilities. Also, direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hirings, promotions suspensions and or separations.
- Responsible for the retention of associates.
- Sets clear expectations and provides timely and relevant feedback for developing and improving performance of team members.
- Initiates development of individual growth plans and compensation recommendations of employees.
- Responsible for maximizing the performance of and increasing employee engagement using analytics, best practices, processes, and training tools.
- Identifies training needs, structure effective training programs, and measure their ROI and success. Conduct employee training in equipment operations, work, and safety procedures, or assigns employee training to qualified experienced workers.
- Issues specific monthly, quarterly, and annual objectives to immediate subordinates and reviews objectives of the entire Digital Technology Solutions team.
- Provide guidance and coaching of employees by interpreting polices, establishing performance objectives and monitoring and providing feedback on progress.
- This position is key in developing digital solutions as part of a larger plan. Collaborate with stakeholders to provide big picture thinking and ensure that digital plays an integral role in the organization’s overall strategy. This position will partner with others in the research and development of new tools and systems to support the strategic growth and operational needs of the organization.
- Ensures all safety procedures and standards are understood and followed. Ensures employees perform work in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees and mitigates the company’s risk.
- Actively participates in the Safety committee and enforces safety regulations.
- Inspect materials, products, and equipment for defects and/or malfunctions.
- Develops plans and leverages new technologies for the manufacturing functions along with sufficient planning to enhance the growth of the company.
- Maintain, upgrade, and coordinate with IT partners to ensure digital print hardware and software is current, and integrated at an advanced level, and meets industry standards.
- Ensures all required annual trainings are completed timely for all employees.
- Serves as a key contributor and project resource of automation initiatives to include storefronts.
- Oversight of all stages of digital print production operations (pre-press, digital asset management, digital operations servers, processes, and workflows) and distribution of client’s product while meeting specifications and project requirements.
- Confer with other leaders to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments. Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Partners with Human Resources on associate and compliance related matters. Takes all necessary corrective actions, as needed. Interprets company policies and procedures effectively.
- Completes all other duties, as assigned.
- Environment is not exposed to extreme changes in temperatures or weather conditions while inside the work environment.
- Environment is regulated via systems.
- Temperature variation between work areas.
- Noise level moderate to loud in operations area.
- Environment is protected with building access pass system.
- Fast paced manufacturing environment.
- May be exposed to extreme changes in temperatures or weather conditions while traveling for business.
Periodic travel to company locations may be necessary, as well as to customer, vendor locations and for professional related events. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required. Periodically, overnight travel required.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This position requires the individual to work in both a sedentary and physically active capacity.
- This position will be required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- This is approximately 75% a physical role with the balance of time required to work in a sedentary capacity.
- Some travel may be required to attend meetings and events, as assigned.
- The individual in this position needs to move about inside both the office and manufacturing areas to access files, communicate with teams and individuals, review work, etc., regularly.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer, as needed.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with coworkers, customers, and business partners to complete work assignments.
- The position will require the ability to communicate, speak, listen, see, sit, bend, stand, stoop, walk, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, as necessary.
- Carry weight, lift (to a height of 3-4 feet) transfer, position, move, materials up to 70 pounds, occasionally and up to 20 pounds, regularly.
- The ability to control operations of equipment or systems.
- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, etc., as needed.
- Able to be flexible with schedule to include working overtime in support of the workload, or working a different shift, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Business Administration/Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field, required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or related field, preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing certifications, other related certifications, preferred.
- Progressive, Leadership Mindset
- Personal Effectiveness
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Analysis
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer and Client Focus
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Stress Tolerance
- 8-10 years of leadership experience working in a high volume commercial digital print, manufacturing environment, with multiple teams and concurrent projects complimentary to the duties of the job OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of combined years of progressive work experience and education.
- Minimum of 3-years consulting expertise in digital operations within a high-volume commercial print, manufacturing environment, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of digital print industry, technology advancements, and growth trends.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of the functions and duties of the digital print production and operations areas to include but not limited to prepress, estimating, service, scheduling, print, finishing and fulfillment.
- Knowledgeable of current and trending digital print production equipment and technologies such as HP, Konica, Minolta, Indigo, and Canon.
- Knowledgeable of the latest developments in digital asset management, and modern digital production standard methodologies.
- Knowledgeable of inventory management, and production scheduling software.
- Knowledge of operational process design, process mapping, and lean manufacturing standards.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Products, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio, EFI Pace, Insite.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Skilled in process design, re-design, and change management techniques.
- Skilled in developing and executing strategic plans.
- Skilled in implementing lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Skills in verbal and written communications to effectively lead, coach, mentor, and motivate associates to achieve results.
- Excellent teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Judgment and Decision Making, skilled in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Superior organizational and time management skills to balance several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Awareness of others, their reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- able to convey information effectively
- Negotiation skills, bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Able to provide effective guidance and direction to associates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Critical thinking skills, able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Able to analyze information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Able to resolve conflicts and negotiate, handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Able to think creatively, developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Provide consultation, guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process-related topics.
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and manage in accordance with YGS’s core values, which include operating with honesty and integrity, and in a spirit of teamwork and respect.
- Strong ability to diagnose the performance of an organization and identify solutions to business issues.
- Ability to define routine and complex problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively interact with direct reports, management, support departments, and other internal customers and external customers.
- Ability to effectively set work directions and adjust priorities according to changing business needs. Ability to think systematically.
- Ability to lead teams and individuals effectively to achieve goals.
Note: This job description is not intended to and does not create an employment contract. Employment with the Company is At-Will, as the organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. This description is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of duties, to provide an overview of essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted, as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the manger, as deemed appropriate. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to change. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.