BINDERY OPERATOR Print Solutions
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time, Second Shift 3:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Scope: The Bindery Operator is primarily responsible for effective setup, adjustments, and operation of the cutter, and/or other bindery machines that may contain multiple functions and station capabilities, such as bindery and finishing units that process printed sheets into final products, including books, catalogs, manuals, directories, magazines, and mailers, as scheduled.
This position exists to perform the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret run tickets and understand job specifications.
- Set up, adjust, and operate flatbed cutter, and/or other bindery machines to process printed sheets into final product.
- Make needed adjustments to coordinate the multiple workstations on a single machine, as needed.
- Feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery operator or manager.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment, as needed.
- Monitor quality, output, and productivity. Assure quality of finished product.
- Inspect equipment for safety issues.
- Perform routine maintenance according to PM schedule.
- Positively communicate information and respond to questions from team members.
- Complete appropriate forms relating to job tickets: stock description, quantity, unit of issue, and the labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials.
- Keep area being clean, organized, and safe.
- Support all 5-S and lean initiatives, as required.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training programs for the assigned position.
- Adhere to and promote all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the proper handling of hazardous waste, lockout/tagout rules, and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and the requirements of the job.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency, required.
- Associates degree in print operations and communications, or related field, preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- At least five years of experience in the industry operating flatbed cutter, and other various bindery equipment in a fast-paced, high-volume printing environment, required.
- Prior cutting experience necessary to perform the full range of standard and specialized finishing operations of printed materials, required.
- Able to feed, stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, and rotate items on/off bindery and/or finishing equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of a bindery manager.
- Able to read and interpret written work orders or other job specifications containing bindery requirements that indicate the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and to maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided.
- Able to set up and operate the cutter, and other bindery machines to perform the full range of standard and specialized finishing of printed materials to complete a combined finishing product.
- Knowledge of the quality and machining requirements of various coated and uncoated types of paper stock.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and calculate distances, clearances, and fits in combining machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, count, and rotate items on/off equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of an operator or supervisor.
- Able to stand for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Able to walk about for extended periods.
- Able to interpret information effectively, listen, speak clearly, and communicate effectively.
- Able to ascend and descend stairs and/or ladder, bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp, regularly.
- Able to frequently lift up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to maintain good attendance.
- Able to be flexible with schedule to include working overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
Notice to All Applicants: This posting is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of duties, rather to provide an overview of essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted, as all-inclusive. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will. The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.