WEB DEVELOPER Technology Solutions
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time, Exempt | Monday–Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Scope: A critical player in the development of interactive web-based solutions, the Web Developer is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of the company’s platform technology. Responsibilities include building C# applications, designing and developing back-end services to their client-end counterparts, and coordinating with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Proven web development experience and a thorough understanding of the technical components of code development and troubleshooting are a must. This position is best served by someone who enjoys being on the leading edge of technology and welcomes the opportunity to explore new tools and approaches to solving challenges. Therefore, commitments to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality products are essential.
Essential Functions: The position exists to perform the essential functions as outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in collaboration with YGS’s creative design staff and clients to develop the overall interface and user experience of web-based solutions including, but not limited to e-commerce sites, interactive storefronts, and web-to-print interfaces.
- Become well-versed with the YGS storefront development solutions and function as an information resource to YGS staff.
- Develop original code and/or work with external resources to support the technical development of interactive and web-based tools with guidance from the Director.
- Ensure all solutions are thoroughly tested and follow defined quality control procedures using current standards to maintain the quality and functionality of deliverables from beginning to end of projects.
- Participate in “launch meetings” involving all relevant staff, including but not limited to web development, customer service, sales, fulfillment, etc. Assist team members to reach project objectives by providing corrective and positive feedback and arranging organizational support to immediately address issues.
- Apply effective principles and techniques of web programming and design.
- Establish and maintain a reputation for innovation and creativity.
- Stay informed of the latest trends in web-based marketing tools and tactics.
- Apply the latest techniques in new media and technology.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to company policies and operation standards.
- Additional time, as needed, to meet the demands of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field preferred.
- Degree or Certificate in Web Development or equivalent preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
· At least 2-3 years of experience in designing and programming web-based solutions.
· Expertise using ASP.NET C# and extending CMS, or eCommerce systems.
· Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and responsive layout engines preferred.
· Mobile web Relational Database experience required.
· Working knowledge of OOP programming and MVC frameworks.
- Working knowledge of MV*JS framework experience such as Backbone, Angular, Knockout.
- CSS Preprocessor experience.
- PHP experience.
- Expertise using CMS Development using Drupal, WordPress, and Umbraco.
- Experience managing both Windows and LAMP servers.
- Working knowledge of Native Mobile application development and/or PhoneGap.
- Email Marketing experience preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Effective working independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency; must work well under pressure.
- Solid track record of meeting deadlines in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Effective project management skills, ability to manage multiple, high profile, competing projects.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is approximately 95% a sedentary role with the balance of time required interacting or helping with internal and external customers and or traveling for business.
- The ability to sit for extended periods.
- The ability to work on a computer and keyboarding for extended periods regularly.
- The position may lift, up to 10-pounds regularly and up to 20-pounds occasionally.
- Must communicate through active listening and converse with others to receive and relay information as needed.
- This position does require a degree of travel between locations and for purposes of attending business meetings, industry, and company events. Approximately 5% of the time.
- This position works in a climate-controlled office within a manufacturing environment regularly.
- The office work environment is not regularly exposed to extreme changes in temperatures or weather conditions.
- The office environment is considered to contain low/medium noise levels. The manufacturing environment is considered to contain medium/high noise levels.
- This position requires travel to other YGS locations for purposes of completing assignments as needed.
- Attendance of meetings and YGS-related events will be required, as needed.
- Additional working hours may be required as dictated by the needs of the business.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
Notice to All Applicants: This posting is not intended to provide an all-inclusive list of duties, rather to provide an overview of essential functions and basic duties. Requirements, skills, and abilities included, have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform in the position. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted, as all-inclusive. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will. The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.