Media Sales Account Executive
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time | Monday–Friday | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Media Sales Account Executive manages and helps develop strategies to grow assigned accounts, according to client and company goals and objectives. For some accounts, the Account Executive co-sells with another YGS Account Executive based on a territory or other metric.
Collaborates with Client Sales Director, Marketing Manager, Account Managers, and other stakeholders to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies that foster existing advertiser retention and growth, and develops new advertisers for YGS media sales customers.
- Complete daily, proactive outreach via phone and email to new and existing buyers.
- Complete proposals, sales contracts, and other paperwork and provide copies to account manager, accounting, clients, and or other divisions as required and necessary.
- Log all prospecting and account maintenance activity in YGS’ CRM.
- Work with each buyer to develop a multi-channel and multi-touch marketing plan and assist in determining campaign ROI.
- Communicate with buyers regarding ad copy, deadlines, special issues, and promotions.
- Monitor billing and collection status of accounts.
- Participate in account sales update calls with clients to report on progress toward YTD and annual goals, new/lost business, and any recent victories and challenges.
- Proactive education on each client’s industry trends and competitors.
- Travel to client and industry events, national or international, as needed, to represent client products, facilitate in person meetings with buyers, and secure contracts.
- Adhere to production deadlines for publication and other media products and events.
- Communicate with design team on requests for ad design, placement, and changes.
- Collaborate daily with Account Manager to ensure proper execution of advertising and event contracts.
- Review and approve ad placement in digital publications that YGS produces for clients.
- Communicate regularly with Account Manager and Marketing Manager to ensure proper execution of internal and account marketing initiatives.
- Attend and participate in biweekly team sales meetings to report on performance by account.
- Keep manager informed of developments and trends with the client and industry.
- Perform and report on prospecting efforts that are requested by manager.
- Bachelor’s begree in business administration, marketing, and/or communication fields, preferred.
- A minimum of four–five years of experience in a similar role, required.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- Experience in media/advertising (or relevant) sales, with a proven track record in managing and growing accounts within an established territory and/or account(s).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as outstanding relationship building, analytical, and organizational capabilities, required.
- Flexible team player who learns quickly, can work independently, has outstanding prioritization skills and a proven ability to multi-task, and works well under pressure.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to use relational databases.
- Excellent customer service skills, required.
- Current knowledge of strategies, trends, and technologies in media sales, required.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation, required.
- Will sit and work at a computer for long periods.
- Will walk about, bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp, regularly.
- Will use standard office equipment, regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently, and lift up to 20 pounds occasionally, required.
- Some travel to client sites, required.
- Regular attendance at staff meetings, required.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will.