Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time | Noon–8:00 PM
Scope: The Material Handler assists operations by moving product, providing supplies, loading/unloading trucks, labeling, and banding. Move paper and product around the facility as required by production needs and schedules. Preparing and processing material and packages for shipment to our clients. This includes assignments in various departments including press, bindery, mail operations, finishing, warehouse, shipping and/or receiving, and fulfillment, as assigned.
- Provide inventory control of materials by ensuring necessary distribution and replenishment of items to prevent any interruption in workflow due to lack of materials.
- Disburse materials and/or inventory to the required areas while maintaining all necessary documentation.
- Transport product between departments.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, carts, and trays.
- Convey materials from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, or another device.
- May use automated equipment and/or operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Maintain inventory count for raw stock in the paper warehouse.
- Pull raw stock to the bindery and or the pressroom.
- Identify, label, and store materials for proper tracking and location identification for inventory control.
- Count, weigh, and record number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Complete physical inventories as required.
- Complete designated forms, and account for stock allocation and inventory.
- Attach identifying tags or labels to materials or mark information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stack or assemble materials into bundles and band bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- Communicate to management all deficiencies of inventory control accuracy.
- Assist in activities related to receiving and shipping as detailed in procedures and work instructions. This includes performing required system transactions to receive, transfer, and/or ship material to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Prepare and label pallets and packages to be shipped using our MIS system and vendor websites including but not limited to Federal Express, United Parcel Service, and the USPS.
- Ensure that all aspects of the quality standards are understood and enacted.
- Empty waste bins when full.
- Load, weigh, and track all scrap gaylords.
- Ensure area is clean, organized, and safe.
- Support all 5S and lean initiatives as required.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training programs for the assigned position.
- Operate forklift in accordance with safety standards.
- Adhere to and promote all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lockout-tagout rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Provide proper preventive maintenance and equipment power charging as identified by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and the requirements of the job.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- Previous material handling experience in a manufacturing/production environment preferred.
- Previous experience in a printing environment preferred, but not required.
- Previous experienced in forklift operations and safety standards.
- Previous experience in general warehouse layout, item identification codes, basic warehouse procedures, and the storage areas in order to be able to place or pull paper stock, signatures, and materials in accordance with standard procedures.
- Previous experience with operation of automatic counters and tabulate counts for jobs.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy required.
- Able to use manual dollies, carts, and/or hand tools such as hammers, pliers, strapping and stretch wrapping tools and equipment, tape fasteners, metal band sheers, and related equipment.
- Able to stock, move, jog, arrange, unload, count, and rotate items on/off equipment in accordance with operating instructions or under guidance of an operator or supervisor.
- Able to stand for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Will walk about for extended periods. May sit on occasion.
- Will bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp regularly.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds consistently.
- Able to work overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will.