Shipping & Receiving Associate
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full-Time, Second Shift (12:00 Noon–8:00 PM | Monday–Friday)
Scope: The primary responsibility of the Shipping and Receiving Associate is to perform manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components, and finished products mailed primarily through FedEx, UPS, USPS, or other similar carriers.
Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges, and attaching information and shipping instructions onto boxes. This position also will maintain necessary files and documentation.
Typical duties related to the receiving of goods and inventory management include unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, identification and quantity, etc.; maintaining records of goods received; rejection of damaged, excess, or misdirected goods; routing of material to appropriate destinations, including deliveries to both clients and vendors. This position also has responsibilities for the jockeying of vehicles and route deliveries, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- This position will perform support and clerical duties aligned with the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components, and finished products.
- Day-to-day management of shipments and mailings via FedEx, UPS, USPS, or other similar carriers.
- Check goods against shipping documents and authorizations.
- Pack goods for shipment according to specifications.
- Preparing bills of lading.
- Post weight and shipping charges, attaching information and shipping instructions on to boxes.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- Receiving goods and handling day to day inventory responsibilities; unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips.
- Identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received.
- Reject damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routes material to appropriate destinations.
- Jockeying of vehicles and route deliveries, as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of planning, logistic supply chain, package location, and tracking software, shipping management applications, etc.
- Knowledge of label making and barcode software.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum four years’ experience in prior receiving and inventory coordinator position.
- Prior experience with floor jacks and tow motors, preferred.
- Forklift certificate, required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- This position will be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Carry weight, lift (to a height of 3–4 feet), transfer, position, and move materials up to 70 pounds, occasionally, and up to 50 pounds, regularly.
- Ability to control operations of equipment or systems, including running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, etc.
- Able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs, when required.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.