Position Location: YORK, PA
Hours: Full Time (8 a.m.–5 p.m. | Monday–Friday)
Scope: The primary responsibilities of the managing editor will be to serve as the lead editor on numerous publications and projects, working with the content & copy director, senior editors, and copy editors to support customized content solutions developed for client organizations. Our growing in-house content & copy department requires a skilled editor, writer, and project manager to oversee the overall cycle of development and production on publications related to specific niche industries. Skills in top editing, copy editing, and writing are required for this position. Should be familiar with AP style. Will work with large pool of external resources, including freelance contributors and ongoing contractors. Working in partnership with other internal and external team members, this role will be responsible for supporting the timely delivery of publications and other assigned content projects, adhering to a production schedule, and communicating with collaborating team members on an ongoing basis. This position reports to the content & copy director and works closely with senior editors, copy editors, writers, publication designers, and account managers, along with fellow managing editors.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative or professional writing, journalism, English, communications, or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience is highly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must be well-versed in the application of the AP Stylebook.
- Must be Mac-literate; knowledge of Adobe InCopy and Acrobat is preferred.
- Minimum 3–5 years of editorial, writing, and/or communications experience (or combined experience to include an internal position and consistent freelance work with references).
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to cite experiences in which project management competency was regularly applied.
- Magazine, publishing, or content management experience preferred.
- Must be a skilled and comfortable writer with writing samples representing abilities.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and typography.
- Must be comfortable learning new subject matter areas and a wide range of topics to meet the needs of client organizations and their projects or publications.
- Must be a team player with strong people skills and the ability to adapt to changing situations and deadlines.
- Professionalism, ability to problem-solve, and a positive attitude are key.
- Must be calm under pressure and detail-oriented.
- Satisfactory completion of copy-editing testing is required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Frequently uses computer/audio/visual equipment weighing up to 20 pounds for various assignments.
- Ability to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer/laptop and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.