Business Analyst I – Technology
Position Location: York, PA
Hours: Full Time | 8:00 AM–5:00 PM
Scope: The Business Analyst is responsible for providing a thorough analysis of business and customer needs. This position is responsible for defining functional and nonfunctional requirements of technology solutions and for managing the requirements, translating them into solution specifications, and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements. The Business Analyst will develop strong partnerships with business units and technical teams to deliver application solutions with respect to value, quality, and end-user experience. This position will serve as a subject-matter expert and act as a conduit between the technology team and customers (internal and external). This position will report directly to the Project Management Office Director.
This position exists to perform these essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Business Acumen and Analysis:
- Work directly with appropriate staff in technology and business areas to understand business needs and project concept objectives and approach; take assigned project from original concept through final implementation.
- Act as a subject-matter expert in cross-functional teams to provide recommendations on new initiatives or projects.
- Gather and manage business and technical requirements, interview stakeholders, and conduct effective facilitation sessions with multiple stakeholders.
- Reconcile information received from multiple sources and create detailed business requirements that meet the business need within the scope of the initiative.
- Compare the present state of the business with a conceptual and desired future state and provide gap analysis.
- Gather and document business requirements.
- Transform client needs into well-defined business requirements; work with technical teams to create functional design requirements.
- Understand complex topics and translate them into diagrams (i.e., context workflow activity) and documentation using standard tools (e.g., Word, Visio, Excel, etc.).
- Create and maintain documentation as required for technology processes.
- Track project progress and provide updates to impacted parties.
- Communicate new system functionality and assist users in understanding implications.
Process Design and Improvement:
- Participate in continuous process improvement projects to develop efficient business processes and workflows; ensure proper implementation of improved processes within and outside of software systems.
- Work with technology partners, functional and business systems analysts, customers, and vendors on complex projects to coordinate system enhancements.
- Conduct or coordinate with technology developers to test system fixes, new releases and enhancements, changes and implementations to ensure functionality and user acceptance.
- Conduct end-to-end testing on applications and technology to ensure that business technical and functional requirements are being met.
Standards and Practices:
- Ensure accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws, company policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Follow the safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems operations and/or other employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to area of assignment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or closely related field. Two years of experience in information technology as a business analyst, which includes designing and documenting requirements, detailed process flows, and performing quality assessment and assurance functions OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Expertise with business-specific applications and systems such as CRMs, project management, and office suites
This job operates in both a professional office environment and manufacturing facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Physical Demands: Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is approximately a 90 percent sedentary role with the balance of time required interacting or helping with internal and external customers. The position will require the ability to speak, hear, see, sit, bend, stand, stoop, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp as necessary. The position may occasionally lift up to 20 pounds and regularly lift 10 pounds. The position requires up to 5% travel, including possible overnight stays.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with The YGS Group is at-will.