Mail Processing – Machine Operator, Second Shift
Position Location: York, Pa.
Hours: Full-time, Second Shift, 3PM – 11 PM
Scope: This position exists to perform the essential functions. Mailroom Processors accurately prepare and process printed materials for distribution through the USPS, following rules and regulations. This includes but is not limited to addressing, affixing postage and wafer seals, and using high-speed machinery.
Experience: Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of mail processing operations and methods. Excellent customer service, time management and machine operator skills required. Experienced in problem resolution and comfortable with risk and decisions. The successful individual will have a proactive approach to work, be action-oriented, understand and apply logic to decisions, be able to work in a high-volume environment and manage multiple competing priorities effectively. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal stakeholders. Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Reviews incoming mail lists and mailing instructions for accuracy and completeness. Resolves issues with mail lists as instructed and clear up discrepancies with mailing instructions.
- Sets up equipment for efficient operation and ensure Mailroom Production is available as needed.
- Runs mailing equipment by processing printed material according to schedule, quality, and productivity needs. Ensures that mail is prepared according to postal regulations with regard to zip sorts, tying, bagging and tagging.
- Sets up and runs ancillary mailing equipment as needed.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of quantities mailed domestically and internationally as required for proper postal permitting.
- Keeps mailing equipment in good working order and maintained on a regular basis.
- Follows all required safety procedures such as PPEs, ergonomics, chemical hazards, etc. Performs job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees.
- Assists with general housekeeping in the mailing area.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Constantly operates a computer/laptop and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer and phone system.
- Needs to move around the manufacturing environment frequently.
- Must be able to stand 100 percent of the time.
- Must be able to stand, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, stoop and bend.
- Reaching to include extending hand(s), finger(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity; using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as picking up small objects, pinching fingers together.
- Grasping; using fingers and palm on object.
- Talking; especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas to others. Will be required to have conversations in person with individuals and groups.
- Repetitive motion; movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Average hearing; able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average visual abilities; ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or computer screen.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds routinely, up to 20 pounds occasionally and more than 20 pounds as needed.
- Environment is considered to contain medium/high noise levels.
- Environment is temperature-controlled and not exposed to extreme changes in temperatures or weather conditions.
- Overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
To apply, submit your resume to careers@theYGSgroup.com.
For more information, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.