Sales & Marketing Manager
The YGS Group has three business units:
- Production Solutions - Offset and Digital Production, Specialty Graphics, Distribution and Fulfillment
- Association/Publisher Solutions - Marketing, Media Sales & Events, Content Sales and Licensing, Content and Copy, Marketing and Digital
- Agency Solutions - for commercial and corporate accounts
The Sales & Marketing Manager will work with the YGS leadership and sales teams responsible for the proactive sales development for existing YGS customers and the research, marketing and solicitation of new YGS customers. This role requires the project management, internal staff coordination and implementation for all marketing-related projects for each of the above solutions groups. This is a hands-on role that combines Sales and Marketing administration, project management, production support and design, along with strategic and project planning and budget oversight to ensure an integrated sales and marketing approach that is timely and cost-effective. Responsibilities will be comprised of completing initiatives related to corporate marketing projects from start to finish, including estimates, contracts, RFP’s, the design of project proofs and mockups, communication of revisions, approvals and the execution and direction of submitting final artwork to production. This position will serve as a primary point person for all print and digital marketing materials, as well as social media and website management, related to the Corporate entities, and for the coordination of meetings and related logistics. This position will report directly to the CEO.
The position exists to perform the essential functions as outlined below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions that include, but are not limited to:Marketing Coordination & Support
- Play key role in the development and implementation of strategic marketing campaigns to drive retention, new client acquisition, and build/maintain Corporate brand awareness.
- Participate in the development of channel and segmentation strategies and the implementation of marketing plans specific to each segment.
- Identify innovative ways to create and capture Corporate brand value.
- Collaborate in the development of new product launch and strategies for the Corporate entity.
- Maintain and update annual marketing plans for Corporate.
- Oversee marketing standards for all Corporate projects. Ensure compliance with organizational brand management and imagine activities including, brand and logo, manual image standardization, color management, etc. Drive uniformity in the market place regarding descriptions, logos and brand image, etc.
Corporate Sales Coordination & Support
- Oversee sales literature and collateral, including the development, distribution and deployment of resources.
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify needed sales materials, presentations, collateral, creative initiatives, etc., and coordinate the content, design, and production of the same.
- Coordinate, design, and project manage proposal requests.
- Organize and fulfill/order standard sales materials as needed
- Coordinate events with sales team and provide creative solutions for booth displays
Digital Marketing Management
- Collaborate with internal resources on the development and creation of all digital marketing platforms, such as the corp. social media accounts, email marketing, blog, and company website.
- Serve as lead for digital marketing campaigns, coordination and scheduling, to include, content development and design.
- Oversee digital marketing strategies, including Corporate website development, social media, email campaigns and other related digital strategies.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to initiate work within the Corporate entity and timely and cost-effective completion of jobs already in progress.
- In collaboration with CEO, President and Solutions Group EVPs, develop and oversee budgets, content, schedules, communication plans and strategies for all Corporate Sales and Marketing projects.
- Ensure data relating to Corporate Sales & Marketing is up to date within the data management systems
- Assists with the daily operations of the Corporate Sales & Marketing groups, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
- Work with design and content teams to ensure compliance and uniformity with brand management standards for all Corporate projects.
- Manage/coordinate the scheduling, budgets and logistics for all Corporate Sales and Marketing projects
- Responsible for tracking all invoices and expenses against budgets and reconciling all charges for Corporate projects.
- Use discretion, safeguards confidential information, and exercises independent judgement
- Create, revise, track and complete production orders for Corporate projects, in conjunction with specifications.
- Collaborate with design and content teams on content, copy, art design, layouts and proofs.
- Develop related graphics and text layouts for mock up and proof design.
- Prepare files to exchange by FTP, or other, as needed.
- Organize, files and archive all completed production jobs for Corporate.
- Create benchmarking data and trend data reports and analyze to develop marketing strategies.
- Track Corporate metrics and analyze results.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the organizations Sales and Marketing efforts.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports for leadership including, status reports for Sales and Marketing’s key performance indicators (KPI’s), as well as budget updates.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Ethical Conduct
- Discretion and Independent Judgement
- Results Driven
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Business Acumen
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Orientation
- This position manages the Business Development Specialist.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, fax machines and filing cabinets.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The position is full-time. This is an exempt position. Standard operation hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40- hours per week. Additional time as needed to meet the demands of the business.
- This position may require occasional travel and overnight stays of approximately 5% of total hours to attend trade shows, conferences and industry events whereby YGS is attending, presenting or exhibiting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, or Business Administration, required.
- High School Diploma, or GED, required.
- Minimum five years of related experience in Sales & Marketing field for an advertising agency, commercial printer, or other company, with multiple concurrent projects, required.
- Minimum two to three years’ project management experience, preferred.
- Minimum two to three years’ social media campaign experience, preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office products.
- Proficient with email marketing, email templates and coding and editing.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Proficient in Digital Publications (PDF platform, or other).
- 1MAC platform experience, required.
- Prior experience with CRM systems, required.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics; reporting and analysis, required.
- Experienced in CMS, preferred.
- Basic knowledgeable of HTML, CSS and content formatting, preferred.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is approximately 80% a sedentary role with the balance of time required interacting or helping with internal and external customers. The position will require the ability to speak, hear, see, sit, bend, stand, stoop, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, as necessary. The position may occasional lift, up to 10-pounds.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.