Customer Service Representative
This position exists to perform the essential functions. The Customer Service Representative expedites projects and is the service liaison between the customer, sales, production and multiple production platforms. The successful candidate will advocate on behalf of the client by establishing credibility through a proactive, collaborative and efficient approach to all affected parties. This position is responsible for the day-to-day service and support of our clients, data management, coordination and tracking of client projects and resources.
- Responsible for all aspects of the order from inception to entry.
- Initiates, responds and documents all communications with customers, sales and manufacturing personnel regarding changes to job scope, including specifications or any other pertinent information.
- Communicates any changes to job scope and elevates changes that may lead to scope creep.
- Communicates all schedules, material, and quality and delivery information to the customer, within four hours of receiving such information from planning, scheduling or manufacturing.
- Determines and fulfills customer requirements, including those not stated in the contract or job specifications.
- Insures the entry into production of all complete project materials on day of receipt.
- Seeks information from the customer that may lead to other sales opportunities and communicates this lead information to the Sales team.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field preferred.
A minimum of 5 years of experience and knowledge of the offset, digital and wide-format print processes and methods is required in order to provide advisory and consultative service to our corporate clients. Excellent customer service, time management and computer skills required. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with clients. Experienced in problem resolution and comfortable with risk and decisions. The successful individual will have a proactive approach to work, be action-oriented, understand and apply logic to decisions, be able to work in a high-volume environment and manage multiple, competing priorities effectively. Demonstrates a basic knowledge of all aspects of prepress, press, bindery, fulfillment and distribution processes and methods. Proficient knowledge of MS Word and Excel, PACE (production system), basic desktop publishing, QuarkXpress, PageMaker, Freehand, Illustrator, Photoshop and PDF.
- Constantly operates a computer/laptop and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, computer printer and phone system.
- Needs to occasionally move around inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90 percent of the time.
- Reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, lowering, stooping, bending and sitting.
- Reaching to include extending hand(s), finger(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity; using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as picking up small objects, pinching fingers together.
- Grasping; using fingers and palm on object.
- Talking; especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas to others. Will be required to have conversations by phone and in person with individuals and groups.
- Repetitive motion; movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Average hearing; able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average visual abilities; ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or computer screen.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds routinely and up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Environment is considered to contain low/medium noise levels.
- Environment is not exposed to extreme changes in temperatures or weather conditions.
- Overtime as dictated by the needs of the business.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.