The maintenance technician is responsible for performing work involving the maintenance skills necessary to keep the structure of the establishment and grounds in repair, as well as machines or mechanical equipment. Duties vary and may involve general carpentry and the repair of electrical and HVAC systems. Will perform the routine maintenance and repair of the interior and exterior of buildings and facilities overall. The position may also perform work involving the maintenance or repair of mechanical equipment; installing, aligning and balancing new equipment; and monitoring, troubleshooting, lubricating machinery, changing parts or performing other routine maintenance as needed.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- An associate degree in related vocational field preferred.
- Completion of or within final year of program of a related apprenticeship or equivalent training program preferred.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of on-the-job experience in vocational field.
- Knowledge of tools, materials and methods involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures and in the repair of machinery.
- Knowledge of reading and interpreting technical plans, blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of people, data, property and facilities.
- Project management training and experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, Excel—and experience with project management software is preferred.
- Knowledge of facilities management software or work order ticketing systems preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be innovative, collaborative and well-organized.
- With a focus on timelines and details, the ideal candidate will be able to maintain high productivity levels consistently and will be capable of building trust and confidence with peers.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills, promote excellence and lead by example.
- The individual in this position needs to continually or almost continually move around inside the office, manufacturing areas and areas external to the facilities to access resources and complete assigned work, etc., regularly.
- The position requires that the individual in it must be able to carry weight, lift, transfer, position and remove (to a height of 3–4 feet) materials up to 70 pounds on occasion and up to 50 pounds daily.
- Must be able to tolerate heights, climb and descend from ladders or lifts to complete work assignments.
- Will continually or almost continually be exposed to noise levels—moderate to loud—in operations area.
- Temperatures may vary daily between internal environments, although temperature-controlled.
- The individual in this position will also be exposed to the outdoors and weather conditions throughout the year.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, high-production environment continually.
- Must be able to work outside daily during normal working hours to accommodate production needs.
- Must be able to drive non-DOT vehicles as needed to complete work assignments.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.