Shipping & Receiving Associate
This position exists to perform the essential functions. The primary responsibility of the Shipping & Receiving Associate is to perform manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through FedEx, UPS, USPS or other similar carriers. Typical shipping activities include checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges, and attaching information and shipping instructions onto boxes. Maintain necessary files and documentation. Typical duties related to the receiving of goods and inventory management include unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejecting damaged, excess or misdirected goods; and routing material to appropriate destinations. Includes deliveries to both clients and vendors.
High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior experience with floor jacks and tow motors preferred.
- Forklift certificate required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of planning, logistic supply chain, package location and tracking software, shipping management applications, etc. Knowledge of label making and barcode software.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a receiving and inventory coordinator position.
- This position will be require to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Carry weight, lift (to a height of 3-4 feet), transfer, position and move materials up to 70 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to control operations of equipment or systems. Running, maneuvering, navigating or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, etc.
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs when required.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.