Print Production Coordinator & Operator – Specialty Graphics
Serve as liaison between departments, design team and clients, gathering information for each assigned project. Schedule and monitor assigned projects from conception to completion via production systems. Schedule and participate in production meetings. Coordinate and prioritize print production schedules and print specifications. Collaborate with estimating and production teams to produce quotes and to confirm production specs and schedules. Review proofs of jobs to ensure accuracy. Assist in troubleshooting production and prepress concerns. Assist with establishing unique prepress and preflight checklists and quality checks for projects. Organize and maintain inventory for related projects to ensure production needs are met and remain on time and under budget. Monitor invoice accuracy and enter hours and costs into production on a timely basis. Work collaboratively with department leaders to develop and improve processes. Assist in realizing operational savings while maintaining focus, print quality and operational efficiencies. Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- An associate degree in related vocational field preferred.
- Completion of or within final year of program of a related apprenticeship or equivalent training program preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, Excel—and experience with project management software is required.
- With a focus on timelines and details, the ideal candidate will be able to maintain high productivity levels consistently and will be capable of building trust and confidence with peers.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator is preferred.
- High competence with Mac OS and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to trouble-shoot and solve technical issues related to design and production.
- Problem solver; open to new ideas and viewpoints from coworkers.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills, promote excellence and lead by example.
- Will be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented and adept at maintaining multiple projects.
- Must be accustomed to ever-changing, fast-paced deadline work and provide creative solutions with a “can-do” and “team player” attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Highly organized; demonstrates attention to detail and time management.
- A minimum of 2–3 years of experience in print production with pre-press knowledge.
- Knowledge of print products, paper stocks and production processes in a wide-format environment.
- Able to work independently in a deadline-sensitive, high-production print environment.
- The individual in this position needs to continually or almost continually move about inside the manufacturing areas and areas external to manufacturing to access resources and complete assigned work, etc., regularly.
- The position requires that the individual in it must be able to carry weight, lift, transfer, position and remove (to a height of 3–4 feet) materials up to 70 pounds on occasion and up to 50 pounds daily.
- Will continually or almost continually be exposed to noise levels—moderate to loud—in operations area.
- Temperatures may vary between internal environments daily, although temperature-controlled.
- Must be able to work outside during normal working hours to accommodate production needs daily.
- Must be able to drive non-DOT vehicles as needed to complete work assignments.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must also be able to operate normal office equipment such as copier, fax, computer and phone system.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.