SECOND PRESS OPERATOR
This position exists to perform the essential functions. This position assists the Press Operator with press make ready, operating, and maintaining sheet-fed or web offset printing press. This includes installing plates and blankets on press cylinders, and using hand tools and power tools to achieve pressure required for printing. Adjusts press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams using hand tools. Assist in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press using hand tools. Wash blankets and cleans ink and ink distributing rollers and ink fountains using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press. Assist Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Assist Pressman in quality control of sheets produced.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Second Pressman preferred.
- Associate degree in graphic communications and print technology or related field preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Ability to use micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g. ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides, and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under guidance of senior-level Press Operators.
- Prior experience running an offset press; experience on a Komori 6-Color, 40-Inch press with coater preferred.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Standing for the duration of the shift as assigned.
- Will bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, and walk regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds consistently and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally required.
- Overtime in support of the workload as needed.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.