HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
The Help Desk Technician is an entry-level position responsible for troubleshooting and resolving simple and moderately complex issues related to the support of YGS computer systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. The Help Desk Technician will provide timely, customer-focused support of our Technology Services department, with a goal of first-line resolution of incoming incidents and requests. Supports all local PC hardware, including but not limited to desktops, laptops, displays, printers, projectors, and peripherals. Provides prompt and courteous service to internal customers. Thoroughly and accurately documents all service calls within the prescribed call tracking mechanism. Ensures that documented service and operating-level agreements are met. Updates and completes service requests in the ticket system. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Technology.
- Associate degree in information technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of related experience required.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalency required.
- Prior experience in support of all local PC hardware, including but not limited to desktops, laptops, displays, printers, projectors, and peripherals.
- Working knowledge of operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Flexible team player who learns quickly; can work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Outstanding prioritization and time management skills, a proven ability to multi-task, and works well under pressure.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and the ability to use relational databases.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, MAC and PC platforms.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills required.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the end users on the network.
- Provide after-hours support per the on-call schedule.
- This is approximately a 50 percent sedentary role with the balance of time required interacting or helping with internal customers. The position will require the ability to speak, hear, see, sit, bend, stand, climb, stoop, push, pull, lift, lower, and grasp, as necessary. Ability to life at least 50 pounds regularly.
- Participates in regular staff and company meetings, as required.
- Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 40 hours per week.
- Will participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
- Overtime, as needed, to meet the demands of the business.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.