The Account Manager is the primary liaison and point of contact for assigned client accounts in the Association/Publisher Solutions team. Primary responsibilities include budget oversight, reporting, client communication and marketing in support of the sales effort. The Account Manager works closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and spearhead the implementation of client-related marketing programs. The position also works closely with the Sales Executives, Directors and Executive Vice President of Association/Publisher Solutions to develop overall account strategy and plans for the group as well as each individual product. The Account Manager is integral in building relationships and communicating with all internal and external stakeholders, including clients, other Account Managers, Print Operations, Accounting & Finance and Corporate Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing and/or communication fields preferred.
- A minimum of four to five years of experience in a similar client-facing role required.
- A high school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in media/advertising or (relevant) sales, with a proven track record in managing and growing accounts within an established territory.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as outstanding relationship-building, analytical and organizational capabilities are a must.
- Flexible team player who learns quickly, can work independently, has outstanding prioritization and time management skills, a proven ability to multi-task and works well under pressure.
- Working knowledge of print and digital specifications and publishing.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to use relational databases.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, on Mac and PC platforms.
- Knowledge and use of CRM systems.
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills required.
- Current knowledge of strategies, trends and technologies in media sales required.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Will sit and work at a computer 60 percent of the time. Will participate in meetings 30 percent of the time.
- Will walk around, bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower and grasp regularly.
- Will use standard office equipment regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds consistently and up to 20 pounds occasionally required.
- Some travel to client sites required (approximately 10 percent of the time).
- Regular attendance at staff and client meetings required.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.