ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE – SEASONAL POSITION
This seasonal position is responsible for providing telemarketing support to the Content Sales & Licensing team during periodic projects on an as-needed basis. Daily activities include, but are not limited to: Learning the assigned client product line and understanding, at a high level, how a company would use the products to market their business.Additional responsibilities include contacting potential buyers through phone calls and via email to communicate opportunities to purchase marketing content; using open-ended questions to determine buyers’ needs, overcome objections and close sales; returning emails and voicemails within four business hours of receipt of call; and providing customers with requested materials in a timely manner. Keep detailed notes in CRM system and complete all activities so teammates can understand the status of a job to assist the customer. Provide production staff with complete details for mock-ups and jobs; assist in design to ensure editorial and publishing integrity, and to satisfy the buyer and meet the publisher’s standards. Be aware of team and individual call, activity, and sales goals, and stay on track throughout the season to meet goals. Will average 80–100+ calls per day. Secure and document receipt of permission for all articles requiring photo, illustration and/or author permission. Participate in team huddles to provide productivity updates and discuss workload.
A bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications; or Associate’s degree and two years of related sales, call center, or customer service experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- The successful candidate will be progressive, collaborative, well-organized, detail-oriented and highly professional.
- Will have the ability to maintain high productivity levels regularly.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum of two to three years’ prior sales, call center or customer service experience in a high-volume setting is required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook is required.
- Experience with CRM and project management software is also a plus.
- Must be able to work on a computer and phone for extended periods.
- Ability to make high-volume calls (80-100/day).
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to sit for extended periods, walk about, stand, bend, stoop, twist, push, pull, lift, lower, reach, grasp, see at a distance and close up, hear, listen and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds, regularly and 20 pounds on occasion.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.