RECEIVING & INVENTORY ASSOCIATE
This position exists to perform the essential functions. The primary responsibility of the Receiving & Inventory Associate is to perform manual and clerical duties related to the receiving of goods and inventory management, such as, unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; reject damaged, excess or misdirected goods, and route material to appropriate destinations. This will include deliveries to both clients and vendors.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Forklift Certificate, required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in prior receiving and inventory coordinator position.
- Prior experience with electric fork lifts, preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel. Knowledge of basic formulas.
- Knowledge of planning, logistic supply chain, package location and tracking software, shipping management applications, etc. Knowledge of label making, barcode software.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- This position will be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Carry weight, lift (to a height of 3-4 feet) transfer, position, remove, materials up to 70 pounds, occasionally and up to 50 pounds, regularly.
- The ability to control operations of equipment or systems. Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, etc.
- Must be able to work outside normal working hours to accommodate production needs, when required.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.