This position exists to perform the essential functions. The primary responsibility of the Shipping and Receiving Associate is to perform manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carriers. Typical shipping activities include: checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes. Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- High School Diploma or GED, required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in prior shipping position.
- Prior experience with floor jacks and tow motors, preferred.
- Forklift Certificate, required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of planning, logistic supply chain, package location and tracking software, shipping management applications, etc. Knowledge of label making, barcode software.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- This position will be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
- Carry weight, lift (to a height of 3-4 feet) transfer, position, move, materials up to 70 pounds, occasionally and up to 50 pounds, regularly.
- The ability to control operations of equipment or systems. Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, etc.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.