Second Pressman—Evening Shift
This position assists the Press Operator with press make ready, operating, and maintaining sheet-fed or web offset printing press. This includes:
- Installing plates and blankets on press cylinders and using hand tools and power tools to achieve pressure required for printing
- Adjusting press machine parts, such as feeder and delivery mechanisms, suction grippers, guides, feed wheels, jogging devices, tapes, and cams, using hand tools.
- Assisting in removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers of press, using hand tools.
- Washing blankets and cleaning ink, ink distributing rollers, and ink fountains, using ink solvent and cleaning mechanism on press.
- Assisting the Press Operator by making necessary color or register corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Assisting pressman in quality control of sheets produced.
- Associates degree in Graphic Communications & Print Technology or related field, preferred.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a Second Pressman, preferred.
- Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and materials.
- Ability to read and follow job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment safely and produce the desired product.
- Ability to use micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).
- Skill in performing routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment under guidance of senior level Press Operators.
- Prior experience running an offset press; experience on a Komori 6-Color, 40-Inch Press with Coater, preferred.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Standing for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Will bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, walk, regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, consistently, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, required.
- Overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.