Full-Time | Night Shift
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain press.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run.
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the press being operated, including examining plates/cylinders for imperfections and checking for correct positioning of images, prepping, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required.
- Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a Pressman in a commercial print environment, required.
- Associates degree in Print Technology or related field, preferred.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- Requires thorough knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials and specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings, and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skilled in managing controls, settings, and adjustments
- Skilled in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Knowledge of packing pressure needed to obtain proper printing pressure
- Skilled in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Ability to maintain a fast pace and work with a sense of urgency.
- Standing for the duration of the shift, as assigned.
- Will walk about, bend, stoop, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, regularly.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds consistently, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, required.
- Overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.