The YGS Group provides marketing and communications solutions to clients in the publishing, association and corporate markets. The MAP Developer has overall responsibility for the Marketing Automation Solution, and will work with the Storefront Manager(s) on day-to- day projects. The MAP Developer is accountable for overall ownership of the MAP solution, complex template development, document actions, scripting, database administration, and any other required programming. This role will help to guide the growth of YGS’ MAP solution over the coming years. Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines, are key attributes of this individual. This position is specialized and requires certain expertise to perform it.
- Custom Development – Custom application development, as needed to enhance MAP offerings. This includes APIs, C# extensions, and Web User Controls to extend the basic functionality of the existing websites.
- Template Development – Convert client files into customizable PageFlex templates, as well as print-on-demand items.
- Quality Control – Ensuring that all solutions are thoroughly tested and follow defined quality control procedures using current standards in order to maintain overall quality and functionality of deliverables from beginning to end of projects.
- Client Communication – Communication, as needed, with both internal and external customers.
- Facilitating effective ongoing communication – Responsible for participating in "launch meetings", which involve all relevant staff, including but not limited to, web development, customer service, sales, fulfillment etc. Assist team members to reach project objectives by providing corrective and positive feedback and arranging organizational support to immediately address issues
- Storefront Administration – Day-to-day management of MAP solutions, as needed.
The above reflects the assignment of essential functions, however it does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned and required of the position.
- A bachelor’s degree in Systems Design, Software Application Development, or related field, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- 4 years of software development and PageFlex expertise.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency, required.
- 4 years’ Experience with PageFlex.
- Understanding of C#, .NET (mainly MVC and WEB API), and SQL Server.
- Experience with Angular 2, or other JS framework, is preferred.
- Knowledge of various SQL and other security vulnerabilities is preferred.
- Familiarity with Prepress is preferred.
- Ability to test and trouble shoot functionality and security issues with proper documentation.
- Develop and test for cross browser/OS compatibility using current web standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to handle a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- This position frequently communicates with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Operates a computer and other general office equipment continually.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for 80% of the time.
- This position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access files, office machinery, etc.
- Routinely works in a temperature controlled environment.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.