The delivery driver position requires a reliable and responsible individual able to drive 8-10 hours per day. Company vehicle provided. Will prepare loads, secure, transport, and deliver customer shipments, materials, and supplies in a timely and safe manner. Will also be responsible for management of trailers in yard, the oversight of inventory and waste, and preparation of packing slips and other related paperwork. The delivery driver will be required to interact effectively with internal and external customers. This position will also be responsible for the maintenance of a safe vehicle and will comply with all government regulatory laws.
- A high school diploma/or GED equivalency is required.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License is required.
- Certified on Forklift use is preferred.
- Commercial driving experience preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, preferred.
- Multi-stop, local pick-up, and delivery experience a plus.
- Must have a good knowledge of local area and interstate system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and have knowledge of shipping systems.
- Knowledge of state and local safety rules and regulations, and the rules of other jurisdictions for operating vehicles.
- Skill in manipulating controls for starting, stopping, backing, and driving the vehicle in all types of traffic and road conditions.
- Knowledge of the height, width, length, and weight of the vehicle in order to judge overhead and side clearances, the turning radius, braking distance, and the safest distance to be maintained from other vehicles
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques, including skill to recognize developing hazardous road and traffic conditions and the judgment to select alternate routes to avoid potential problems.
- Knowledge and skill to adjust driving methods to the practices of the surrounding traffic in order to avoid accidents and to transport cargo and passengers safely.
- Knowledge and skill to load shipments properly onto the vehicle, using appropriate tie-downs such as chains, binders, or straps for transit on public roads at highway speeds or under similar driving circumstances.
- Ability to recognize developing maintenance problems when conducting an operator's inspection of their assigned vehicles, and to report technical problems to the manager. Physical Requirements:
- Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record; MVR check required.
- Stand, walk about, bend, twist, reach, push, pull, lift, lower, grasp, regularly.
- Be able to lift and handle up to 70 pounds.
- Overtime in support of the workload, as needed.
Notice to All Applicants: The employment process with The YGS Group includes a pre-employment background check and post-offer physical and drug screen. The YGS Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.